There are a couple of important factors to consider when investing in Social Media for lead generation:
- Your social media team size.
- The amount of time you’re willing to invest in Social Media.
These two factors should allow you to carefully choose the Social Media channels you can invest it. For instance, Twitter would require a relatively smaller investment in terms of time and effort than say Digg or Mixx.
Also, a one or two person Social media team would mean that you are better off concentrating your efforts only on a select few Social Media Channels (My opinion, people may choose to spread their efforts).
Once you decide on the Social Media channels:
- You need to ensure that your message is consistent across all of these channels.
- Expose these channels through your website, blog, etc. Let people know and encourage them to share your stuff.
- Engage, engage and engage.
Here is an infographic which tells you of these top 5 companies who got Social Media Marketing just right: