On this Monday, as we all struggle back to work leaving our Sunday behind to embrace the world of Marketing and Sales, we at NexSales took the opportunity of compiling a list of quotes from the Consumers to give your week a kickstart. We’ve been told often the importance of hearing what the consumers say. This list may not be specific to any particular business, but if you’re a marketer, you better hear this side of the story.
Here is the list of quotes from the ones who buy your products:
1. “We are not eyeballs or end-users or consumers. We are human beings and our reach extends your grasp sometimes, deal with it.”- Clue Train Manifesto
2. “Your brand is not yours to control. You launched a product in the market, now we’ll take it from here”.- Lance Shields, Social Branding
3. “If Brands could learn to see the importance our feelings and needs then they would care enough to listen. Where is their customer service when we need it”- Anonymous
4. “You want to build something substantial? Start a conversation with us; not through Press Releases or Ads. We’re on twitter and facebook too.”- Texas Public Relations Association
5. “I’m more likely to respond to food advertising when I’m hungry, learn to schedule your snack advertisements late in the afternoon and your product might just sell”- ConsumerPsychologist.Com
6. “There’s too much chaos. I’m sold to a brand that manages to get my attention inspite of the chaos”- A Consumer on Twitter
7. “”What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form.”- David Ogilvy
8. ”You can have the best product or service in the world, but if people don’t buy – it’s worthless. So in reality it doesn’t matter how wonderful your new product or service is. The real question is – will they buy it?”- Noel Peebles
9. “Apple does great products, but at the end of the day we think consumers want choice, consumers want openness which is why everything else sells too”- Rob Glaser
10. “Consumers have not been told effectively enough that they have huge power and that purchasing and shopping involve a moral choice, but we know”- Anita Roddick
These quotes paint a picture of what consumers of today expect from us as brand owners. The key is to know the difference between different approach patterns to luring consumers.