Most social media surveys claim that 80% of readers and viewers get drawn to headlines. If the previous fact left you baffled, statistics state that only 1% of the respondents said that they ignore headlines. We have no doubts about the importance of a headline complementing your content. If you still do, read more.
You may never underestimate the power of an impressive headline:
Headlines being critical to your success, you may want to ensure that you spend some time to formulate great headlines. Use these tips to formulate a good headline for your content:
- Including a particular word in your headline, something which your article is based on can help improve your Google ranking
- Generating curiosity towards your content and urging people to click through your headline should also be thought through. Example: a) Why 99% Of Diets Fail b) Who Else Wants To Fire Your Boss?
- You can create headlines which stress the benefits of your content and emphasize what your readers, viewers and listeners get out of your content. Example: a) How To Get More Followers on Twitter b) 7 Insider Tips To Generate Traffic.
- Creating a shocking headline can help generate the curiosity factor. Example: a) The naked Truth About Outsourcing b) How Network Marketers Drive Their Prospects Away
Headlines are subjective to content:
The key is to consistently work towards value added marketing. While filling your content with extreme value so that you are viewed as an expert in that area is equally important, one must keep in mind that, ‘The headline is as important as the content’.
Tips you can refer to while creating headlines:
- Some great headlines use numbers like “3 Greatest Mistakes…”
- The ‘Who Else’ approach is appealing as well. “Who Else Wants To…”
- Many people are interested in learning “How To…”, so that headline will pull as well.
- Also, “Why …” gets people thinking further.
- At the same time, “Do You…” tends to create a curiosity.
- Check out magazine covers for great headlines.
- Surf websites and see what headlines attract you.
While all the above tips will help you to create great headlines, you may refer to this post which talks about ‘12 most popular headlines of all times’ for inspiration.